Cross of Christ Fellowship: Church Plant Celebration
This past month we hosted an event at our church to inform and gather support for Cross of Christ Fellowship (an Acts 29 Network church plant in Naperville, IL.). The event was a great success, as over 70 people turned out to hear about Cross of Christ Fellowship!
Here’s some pics from the event and the outline for our presentation:
CROSS OF CHRIST FELLOWSHIP–CHURCH PLANT CELEBRATION
WHY DO WE PLANT CHURCHES?
1.Obedience to Great Commission (Matthew 28:18–20; Acts 1:8)
2.Glory of God—God deserves to be worshipped (Isaiah 60:21, 61:3; Ezekiel 20:41–42, 44; Romans 1:5)
3.Salvation of the Lost (Romans 10)
4.Biblical Practice (imitation of the apostles): gospel preached, conversion, believers under care and protection of qualified elders.
NAPERVILLE OVERVIEW AND RATIONALE
1. 145,000 people (20,000 which are Indian and Chinese immigrants)
2. Very affluent; highly educated; lots of hidden brokenness (teen suicide, drug addictions, neglect)
3. Possibly around 100,000 unbelievers (those who are not evangelical Christians)
1. Called: we sense a burden to see Jesus glorified and the lost saved in Naperville
2. Lots of non-Christians
3. Strategic city
4.Opportunity is right before us
WHAT WILL CROSS OF CHRIST FELLOWSHIP LOOK LIKE?
Values · Mission · Vision · Strategy
Very similar to Redeemer Fellowship:
SBC, Acts 29, Evangelical, Baptist, missional, reformed, led by plurality of elders, hymn-heavy Isaiah 6 liturgy
BIG PICTURE VISION
Gospel-centrality and Gospel Growth
Growth: Gospel bearing fruit and growing (Colossians 1:6)—transformed lives and communities: new Christians, new churches planted, the Name of Christ exalted.
Strategy: Table · Pulpit · Square
Local Initiatives are flexible, but include retirement communities, young moms, youth, business men, Asian community, Theology Pub
• Phase One: Strategy (August 2013-November 2013)
• Phase Two: Connecting
• Phase Three: Transition
• Phase Four: Soft Launch
• Phase Five: Public Launch
THE BLESSINGS OF JOINING A CHURCH PLANT
• See lost come to Christ in Naperville
• See God glorified in Naperville
• Lay foundation for a new church
• Unique opportunity
• Use your gifts to help shape a new church